Dried Morel Mushrooms
Morels are prized for their earthy, rich, and smokey taste; dried morels are fabulous in sauces with meat, poultry or pasta. Also excellent in risottos, omelettes, quiche, stews and stir frys..
Minimum order: $25 - Contact us for local pick up on orders under $25.
- HARVEST: Summer 2015
- SPECIES: Morchella conica (some variation)
- SIZES: 3cm-7cm typical (special sizes available, contact for info)
- Product is non-perishable if stored in a cool, dry place.
- To rehydrate, place mushrooms in a small bowl of liquid. Water, broth, or wine all work well.
- Let stand for approximately 30 minutes until fully softened.
- Drain mushrooms and cook in desired fashion. Simply sautéed with butter and garlic is a Gather favourite!
To get the most out of your morels, strain the rehydrating liquid to obtain a beautifully fragrant broth for sauces & soups.
Note: Once reconstituted the mushrooms can be used as if fresh.
Dried weight is approximately 1/8 the fresh equivalent.
Get In Touch
Are you a chef or caterer looking for larger quantities? In the Saskatoon or Vancouver area looking for free local pick-up or delivery? Looking for a specific product, size or grade that's not listed? Give us a shout, we'd love to hear from you.